Conference Roundtables and Pre-constituted Panels
Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) 4th International Conference
Bridging Gaps: Where is the film scholar in Hollywood filmmaking?
Performance Café, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, USA
March 17-19, 2017
This roundtable is for filmmakers, critics, and academics to share their experiences and knowledge on scholarly perspectives in film. Its purpose is to generate discussion on successful examples of films and other moving image practices, and new forms of criticism can act as activism in films.
There is no preparation required for the panel. You may offer an introduction of your background and address questions during the Q & A session. Selected panelists will be welcome to present a paper and attend all conference events at a discounted registration rate.
- 100-word bio including academic & practical background in media
- Include a title, your name, e-mail address, and affiliation if applicable
- Submit application of interest to conference Chair Dr Samita Nandy at email address: email@example.com
- Deadline for abstract submission: October 31, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: December 2, 2016
- Full text due: February, 17, 2017
- Conference presentation and reception: March 17-19, 2017
Registration includes: Your printed conference package, coffee / tea breaks, access to evening receptions, evening drinks, professional development workshop, and consideration for the CMCS $100 best paper and $100 screen awards.
Conference Chair: Dr Samita Nandy
Conference Committee Members: Dr Jackie Raphael, Dr Nicole Bojko and Kiera Obbard
For submission, please read CMCS Pre-Constituted Panel and Roundtable Guidelines.