Part-time, Contract (Renewable)
Approx 12 weeks (30 mins / day)
Positions Available: 2
The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS), in association with The Centre for Ecological, Social & Informatics Cognitive Research (ESI.CORE) and WaterHill Publishing, is offering a paid internship to train scholars and students on how to administer and communicate cutting edge-research at international conferences and related events. Our delegates and partners are researchers, writers, artists, activists, journalists, publicists, and publishers worldwide. Benefits include payment of a stipend $300 in addition to a full registration fee waiver valued at $400, flexible hours of operation, and working online at any location. Long-term contracts and opportunities will be available to the successful intern.
We are looking for an intern, educated to degree level, with 1-3 years of proven track record in attending conferences and chairing panels. This position is ideal for a researcher who is keen to enhance professional opportunities and effective working relationships both internally and externally with board members, chairs, and delegates. The candidate will have excellent communication skills and possess strong abilities to use online communication tools such Microsoft Word and Excel to maintain records of conference information.
- Receive timely supervision
- Learn administrative skills in higher education
- Implement strategic communication within and beyond academia
- Receive templates and resources
- Connect with a strong network of thought leaders
- Payment of stipend and full registration fee waiver
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with the Director and Chairs to:
- Email delegates and send notifications
- Ensure timely conference registrations
- Help design a conference program
- Problem-solve unforeseen challenges with grace, humor, and efficiency,
- Perform duties as assigned with a high level independence and innovation.
To apply for this exciting and challenging role, please forward your CV and a short covering letter to Dr Samita Nandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: August 31, 2016